Friday 24 May 2013

the style post | neon pink


neon vest - h&m | jeans - topshop | necklace - h&m | sunnies - topshop


so this is the outfit i wore last week when i got really excited about the sun coming out for .. HALF A DAY! it's officially summer guys!
as soon as i opened my curtains and saw that the sun was actually in sight i knew i had to get my summer clothes out. i got this amazing top from h&m last year - it's an amazing neon pink (in the photos it's come up almost orange strangely!) and looks pretty simple until you see the sides. it has this really pretty lace details, where it is sheer and simply gorgeous! i just love how it's hidden until you lift your arms up. 
i threw it on with my standard leigh jeans from topshop in this light blue colour. i wore these to death last summer and think they are so great when the sun's out but it's still a bit nippy and you don't want your legs out.

i finally got my sunnies out too! these are tortoiseshell ones with really lovely star detailing. i love how the stars and print don't really go together on the glasses, and yet they still work really well. i hope i can get these bad boys out a lot more now - bored of the rain!!!


i thought i'd quickly just show my eye make up too - i really couldn't be bothered doing my usual liquid eyeliner today and instead did a really natural brown look using my mua palette (review here). i really liked how it turned out - i usually look so weird without my eyeliner on (it actually freaks my boyfriend out when i don't put it on as he thinks i look dead! charming!) but instead i used a really dark brown eyeshadow and angled brush to go along my lashes and then flick it out. i usually fail miserably at eyeliner flicks and found using a brown eyeshadow made the look much more forgiving!
#

in other news it's my birthday tomorrow! i'm turning the big 2-0 and am SO excited! this year i've asked for all of my presents so know exactly what i'm getting and look forward to receiving every little bit! it's also me and my boyfriend's 2 year anniversary today and then he's running the manchester run on sunday so we have such a busy weekend! tonight we'll be out for a nice meal and then a bbq tomorrow and then will be going out for tea at the trafford centre on sunday celebrating him finishing the run.
can't believe this weekend is already here!



No comments:

Post a Comment