Tuesday 6 August 2013

the beauty post | rimmel wake me up concealer





I can sometimes find myself suffering from really dark circles under my eyes that I always want to cover - I have tried lots of brightening concealers to see if they can combat it but have never found anything that I have really loved and repurchased, so when I saw make up artist Tanya Burr praising the wake me up range by rimmel I jumped at the chance to try it out and see if it worked for me.

The first thing I realised about this concealer is how creamy it is in consistency. It is so easy to blend in using my fingers and really goes far in terms of how much I used. The only thing I would say is that with being so creamy it does tend to crease if you don't set it straight away, so I take a fluffy blending brush and just blend some on of my face powder where I'd placed the concealer.

It has great lasting power and really does wake up my eyes and make them look a lot less tired and more awake - which is the whole point of the range I guess!

The only downside I would say is that the range only currently has four different shades (I think!) and it won't work for everyone's skin tone. I have pretty pale skin and so went for the lightest shade but I find it to be slighty orangey yellow in tone so I do need to make sure it is really well blended in so it looks natural. But the fact that you only need a little product means that chances of this looking unrealistic and cakey are pretty low so ou can't really go wrong!

All in all I do really like this concealer, but I am my completely sold on whether it really works for me. I love the product itself and really get along with it but am not too sure when it comes to the colour range and if this is the best shade for myself. Therefore I don't think I'll be repurchasing it unless they come out with a lot more shades for more skin tones!

Have you tried this concealer? What did you think? 

laura xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment