Friday 17 January 2014

the beauty post | rimmel moisture renew 'in love with ginger'









Today I'm coming at you with my most recent lipstick purchase, which is 'In Love With Ginger' from the Rimmel Moisture Renew collection. I've heard so much about this lipstick with it going around the blogging world and when I saw some of the swatches I knew I had to have it! On other people and in the bullet this looks like an orange-red lipstick, but as soon as I put it on it becomes much more pinky than I expected. Especially in these pictures - in person it did look more orange but I couldn't get it to come out correct at all! 

I absolutely love the texture of this lipstick - as it is part of the Moisture Renew, you know it's going to be lovely and moisturising on the lips. I have recently had a bout of really dry lips so this has been a godsend over my matte lipsticks. It goes on really smoothly and even and I can literally put it on in one sweep and go. In terms of lasting power, it doesn't last as long as I'd like but it does well to say it isn't a matte lipstick. 

The only think I would say is that the colour can be difficult to pull off - we all know that blue toned lipsticks make teeth look whiter and that orange toned reds do the exact opposite. Therefore, I always think that my teeth look a little yellow when I wear this so not exactly the look I go for! But I only find this if I put on this product really heavily - if I just dab it on or apply less I can just about get away with it!

Overall, I do really love this lipstick. I've never really been one for shinier lipsticks just because they always remind me of older women, but this one has really changed my mind, I'm definitely going to buy some more of the shades from this collection in the future as well, just because of how moisturising and lovely they feel on the lips!

This lipstick retails at £4.49 from Boots and can be bought here.

Have you tried this lipstick? Would you? Let me know what you think!

                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment