Monday 14 April 2014

beauty | Revlon colourburst matte balm in 'audacious'


I've seen so many reviews of the Revlon Colourburst crayons in both matte and glossy, and I'm always shocked at how different the colours look on each individual person. I've currently only got one of the balms in my make up stash, and it's a matte balm in the shade 'audacious'. 

First off, the packaging. I personally love the idea of lip bullets, just because they are so sleek and portable. You can also twist the silver part at the bottom to twist the bullet up when you're running low on product. 

The product itself smells absolutely amazing, really minty and spot on for summertime. It basically smells like a polo! It's not noticeable once on the lips though so if fragranced products aren't really your thaaang then these are still ok for you!



Onto the application. I usually just whack this on from the bullet, as the point helps to fill in the cupids bow and keep everything neat and tidy. The texture is really soft and it would definitely melt if you left it out in the sun for a little while, so be careful of that! 

When applying to my lips, I notice that it settles into dry patches and crack straight away so once applied I always have to blot it in with a finger to blur these lines. I find this can happen throughout the day when I'm wearing it too so not the best in terms of wear on dryer lips! My lips are quite dry most of the time though, so most people probably won't have this problem. I don't find the product itself drying on my lips once it is applied though - it almost has a velvet finish which is barely noticeable.

On me, the colour comes out much more pink-toned, which I think personally suits me a lot more than orange and coral thankfully! Such a stunning colour. 


Overall I do really like this product and reach for it whenever the sun is out, but I just wish it didn't settle so easily into my dry patches! I'm definitely contemplating trying out one of the glossier balms as I think they'll work much better with my dry lips.

Have you tried any of the Colourburst lip balms? What did you think?


Revlon Colourburst matte balms can be purchased from Boots for £7.99 here.



No comments:

Post a Comment