Tuesday 20 May 2014

beauty | Garnier Simply Essentials Soothing 2-in-1 makeup remover



We all have those products that we would happily repurchase again and again and can't see ourselves  replacing. For me, that's the Garnier Simply Essentials Soothing 2-in-1 makeup remover. A ridiculously long title for such a simple product but we can overlook that because of how good this makeup remover is.

I don't wear a lot of makeup on a daily basis but I do wear waterproof mascara every day (sensitive eyes = my eyes cry at EVERYTHING) so I am always in need of a heavy duty remover to get rid of it all. However, with my dry/normal skin I also need my remover to be sensitive on my skin as well. Step in Garnier. I've loved Garnier for years and use their products daily (micellar water, moisturiser, BB cream) so can always trust them with my skin.

The Soothing makeup remover has two different liquids that need to be shaken together to activate the product. These are a makeup removing oil (blue) and cleansing water (clear). These two products work together on the skin to remove all traces of makeup, but in a really soothing and sensitive way. I simply hold a cotton pad soaked in the remover on each eye for 10 seconds or so and carefully wipe it away, and all of my mascara is removed. Then for the rest of my face I use circular movements and it is all swiped away easily. It also doesn't cause irritation to my eyes - I have sometimes accidentally gotten a little of the product into my eyes but it has never hurt or made them water which is a definite bonus for me. 

However, there is a residue left over from the product - obviously due to the oil - which means that I wash my face after using the remover just to make sure there is none left. On the few occasions where I haven't washed my face, my skin hasn't broken out though so it shows that the oil doesn't result in spotty skin!

I'm so impressed with this makeup remover and this is now my third bottle of the product. It lasts for months at a time and really does remove makeup quickly and easily. I'd highly recommend this if you're on the lookout for a cheap and cheerful - yet totally worth every penny - makeup remover as it really does wonders!




The Garnier Simply Essentials Soothing 2-in-1 makeup remover can be bought for £3 for 200ml at ASDA


No comments:

Post a Comment